1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Purchase the latest Yellowjackets recording Raising Our Voice from our Buzz Store. Depending on availability, signed copies may be available.

Where's Everybody From??

Discussion in 'Out Of Town' started by mark, Jun 17, 2004.

1. mark

mark Esteemed Member Thread Starter

Hi there!

I've seen other boards with this topic but I don't think anyone has started one here.
    I am Yellowjackets Forum's top poster, Mark David, from sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

2. Deet

Deet Popular Member

Hi Mark,

My name is Detlev and I am a 27 year old theatertechnician/ soundengineer from the Netherlands.
    Nice idea this, to get to know all the fans a little bit better.

Peace, Deet :wink:

3. mark

Hi Deet.

Nice to meet you. I'm also 27. Yes it is a good idea, but what surprises me is that this forum has so many members and you are the ONLY one to reply to this topic. It would be very nice to get to know everybody here and where they're from. Lets hope more replies will pour in.

Regards.

Mark David.

4. Shane

Shane Popular Member

Im a 34 yr old survey tech that lives in Alvin Texas. Thats my "day" job.

My part-time gig is playing and teaching drumset & or percussion.

5. Ron

Ron Popular Member

hi there

hi everybody,

im ronnie, 31 years, bass player, living in the southwest of germany, nearest city is basel/switzerland.

but currently i'm still on the canary islands and i saw three!!! great open air performances of the jackets and met them all three times after the gigs :)
    i think they made a lot of new fans....

i'll soon let gert from the yellowjackets fansite and geraldine have the photos I shot to be posted on the galleries!!

saludos cordiales to all other fans out there and of course to Russel, Jimmy, Bob and Marcus... it was a pleasure to meet you guys....as always...
    Ronnie

6. Mark of Cenla

Mark of Cenla Esteemed Member

I am a high school English teacher from a small village in central Louisiana. I have played drums for over 35 years; I am 47. Peace.

7. Shane

Shane Popular Member

Do they really call them "villages" in LA?
    Not towns?

Just wondering.

8. Mark of Cenla

Mark of Cenla Esteemed Member

The use of the word "village" is sort of a joke. Where I live would be refered to as a town by most. Yet on the sign as you enter, it says, "Welcome to the Village of Plaucheville." So I call it a village, and I may be the only one who does so. I did not grow up anywhere near here. Peace.

9. encephalon

encephalon Active Member

I'm a conductor, composer and pianist in the greater Los Angeles area (near Laguna Beach). I'm 30 and have been a musician all my life. I've been a big Jackets fan since 1990 or so.

Brett Strader
    Aliso Viejo, CA

10. mark

Hi Guys,

Nice to meet you all. Keep the replies coming.
    God bless.

Mark David.

11. Mr. Vladimir

Mr. Vladimir Esteemed Member

I am a 41 year old unappreciated composer/musician originally from Kyiv, Ukraine. I now live in central Europe.

12. FunkyGiraffe

FunkyGiraffe Active Member

Ido, 13 yrs old from Kfar saba, israel. playing the tenor saxophone 4 yrs. love funk, jazz,acid jazz, very like the quality hip hop.

13. Minnietguinea

Minnietguinea Popular Member

I'm Drew, I a 16 yr. old junior from Cleveland, and I've been playing drums since the 4th grade, maybe 3rd. I love the Tower of Power, Yjs, Victor Wooten Band, Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes, and Maceo Parker. I'm all about contemporary jazz, fusion, funk, and old school R&B.

14. Burl

Burl Active Member

I am a 51 year old semi-retired bassist/vocalist. Born in Cincinnati, I had extended stops in Atlanta, Nashville and Vegas during my full-time gigging days. Got to see much of the world....didn't get rich.
    Now reside in the Bluegrass/Thoroughbred Horsefarm section of Kentucky. Divorced and raising five youngins ranging in age from 14 down to 8. Cheers to all and peace!

15. mark

Hi Guys.

I'm Mark from Malaysia. I'm the one who started this topic. Nice to "meet" all of you. We all come from very different backgrounds, but have one thing in common ... we all think that Yellowjackets ROCKS!!!
    God bless!

Mark

16. pgaudion

pgaudion Active Member

Gidday from Paul in Melbourne, Australia. I am a 36 yr old computer programmer, and bass player and have been tuning in to the YJ's since 1986.

Goodness, that nearly 20 years already! Keep it all coming dudes.

Peace to everyone.

17. Plo

Plo New Member

Hello to everyone. I'm a 16-year-old boy from Finland, which is located in Scandinavia, Northern Europe. I've always been into music, and I got interested in Yellowjackets a half a year ago through my drummer friend.

I myself like to play various instruments. I'm studying percussion in the local Conservatory, but on spare time I play bass, piano and somewhat guitar. I compose sometimes a song or two on piano. I feel great while playing, it just relaxes me so.

I like many kinds of music. I try to keep my musical taste range as wide as possible so that I could have an opinion on different genres.

18. Geraldine

Geraldine Administrator Staff Member

I am Geraldine, Russ Ferrante's wife. Along with Neil, our webmaster, I do a lot of work on the website. I also manage our Buzz Promotions Company. Our employee Tahkus is the one who sends out your orders from the Buzz Store. Russ and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year! Our daughter, Claire is graduating from college in May. I am so glad that all of you are fans of the band, and your constant support is an amazing source of inspiration to all.

geraldine

19. Simmo

Simmo Esteemed Member

Geraldine

I sent a message earlier about YJ wearables specifically t-shirts, have the band ever had this type of item available ? I hope that might be something for the future ?

I am Paul from the UK and chatted with Russ at the gig they did in Birmingham last year, along with Jimmy, and apart from listening to the music of the band it is also a pleasure to have chatted with such nice down to earth people.
    Also of all the CD's I have ordered through the Buzz Store there has never been any problem with either the transaction or the delivery, so well done to you and all those involved.

Simmo

20. Treb

Treb Active Member

I am Bert from the Netherlands. Discovered Yellowjackets in '86-'87 and have been bitten by the YJ bug since then.
    I play some bass in my spare time, I'm not as good as Jimmy though, but then again only a few are...

Bought Time Squared and Altered State last week, Mint Jam is on order, these were still missing in my collection.