1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Purchase the latest Yellowjackets recording Raising Our Voice from our Buzz Store. We have signed copies available!

Right Side Cymbal Angles

Discussion in 'Will's Room' started by yellowdave, Feb 27, 2012.

1. yellowdave

yellowdave New Member Thread Starter

Hi Will, killin show Saturday night at Lakeland Community College. The clinic was great too. I was wondering why you have your cymbals angled the way you do on the right side of your kit. I am experimenting with cymbal height and angles as well. Best to you, Dave

2. willkrew

willkrew Moderator Yellowjacket

That Thing You Do...

Brotha Dave,

I am always looking for something different to do with my cymbals; there's no real technical concept behind it.

Used to hav'm high years ago and surely as I've gotten older, it's nice to put them where I can reach them. With the cymbals slanted out as you saw, I can get them even lower and still get to the edge for volume when necessary!

All Good, Thanks for writing!

Will

3. Mark of Cenla

Mark of Cenla Esteemed Member

I was wondering the same thing. I saw videos on YouTube and the Pearl drums website, and you have the crashes angled away from you. I had never seen a drum kit set up that way. It really has me thinking.

By the way, I also am left handed and right footed. Peace and goodwill.

4. Mark of Cenla

Mark of Cenla Esteemed Member

I did lower my crash cymbals, and I really like it. Thanks Will.

5. jony33

jony33 New Member

Mohsin

it's nice to put them where I can reach them. With the cymbals slanted out as you saw, I can get them even lower and still get to the edge for volume when necessary!