1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Purchase the latest Yellowjackets recording Raising Our Voice from our Buzz Store. Depending on availability, signed copies may be available.

New Album: "Raising Our Voice"

Discussion in 'Pass It On' started by Rudy, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Rudy

Rudy Administrator Staff Member Thread Starter

The newest Yellowjackets recording, Raising Our Voice, will be released September 14, 2018, featuring guest vocalist Luciana Souza.

[​IMG]

We will have ordering available on our site shortly. We are in the process of moving the BuzZ Catalog back to this site, and are finishing up the technical details to make it happen. :)

Attached Files:

2. Frank

Frank Esteemed Member

Great news! The title of the album is intriguing, and if it means what I think it does is all the more perfect! Welcome back guys!

Rudy likes this.
  3. Rudy

I'm hoping to get some sound clips up here soon, and we are finishing up work on relaunching the Buzz Store here on the site, since Amazon's setup really is difficult (and expensive) to work with. It will be interesting to hear Luciana's vocals with the group, won't it?

4. Frank

Frank Esteemed Member

It sure will. I've enjoyed past work the group have done with other vocalists such as Bobby McFerrin, Brenda Russell and Kurt Elling. Have to admit I'm not familiar with Luciana's work but from the brief clip I heard of 'Man Facing North' she sounds like a natural fit.

Rudy likes this.
  5. mark

mark Esteemed Member

Placed my order. Can't wait for my CD to arrive. Another masterpiece for sure.

Rudy likes this.
  6. Rudy

We're almost ready on the new Buzz Store. Once we get one more thing in place, we will have the new CD available, signed by the band. I'm hoping to have this online in about 24 hours.

For now we will just be introducing online ordering for US, Canada and Mexico, but will add other worldwide destinations soon. We are using a new cart platform, so we want to be sure it is working properly before we attempt further international shipments. For those, we have a link to our Buzz Store on Amazon on our main home page, where proceeds from the sale of any of our listed items go directly to the band.

mark likes this.
  7. mark

mark Esteemed Member

Been listening to this new album all day. Yet another masterpiece by the greatest band on the planet. I've been a fan since 1987 and this one is up there with the best Jackets albums out there. Can't imagine what my life would be without them. Thank you Russell and Co for yet another beautiful album. Love you guys from the bottom of my heart.

Rudy likes this.
  8. Bikeme1

Bikeme1 Curious

I'd like to buy the version of this CD that is signed by the band (all my other YJ CDs are signed), but the store says you are out of stock. Are you planning to create any more?

Thanks,

9. Frank

Frank Esteemed Member

Loving the new album. Favourites include Ecuador, Brotherly and Man Facing Nortth. Thanks guys. You never fail to deliver.
    Luciana's voice sounds divine.

Rudy likes this.
  10. Rudy

Did anyone get in touch with you about the signed CDs? If not, let me know.

If they are out on tour, having them sign more CD booklets might have to wait until they returned to the US. I know that they signed a stack of them prior to release day, but they probably went through them rather quickly.