1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Purchase the latest Yellowjackets recording Raising Our Voice from our Buzz Store. Depending on availability, signed copies may be available.

Apple Music

Discussion in 'Pass It On' started by sdh, May 9, 2019.

1. sdh

sdh New Member Thread Starter

Hi all!

I just went to listen to Four Corners for the first time in a few years! It was a favourite of mine when I was a teenager and I suddenly remembered about it and had a hankering, however I was pretty sad to discover that it wasn't listed on Apple Music! And neither is Politics. They're old albums, but good ones, and the world should hear them. Is there any way they could be listed on Apple Music?

I'm really sorry if "streaming services" are a dirty term and I'm actually sticking my foot in my mouth. I have no idea about the commercials, I'm just asking an honest question as a fan.

Also no offence meant to the current band members who weren't on those albums – I love you guys too!

Thanks
    Stefan

2. Rudy

Rudy Administrator Staff Member

I see all of the MCA/GRP albums except Politics and Live Wires available on Qobuz. They do not as yet have the HeadsUp or Mack Ave. albums on Qobuz, although they were in negotiations with a major distributor to start filling in those labels' catalogs. Distribution deals with streaming companies are between them and the record labels or distributors, so the bands and artists have no say in this, unless their contracts with each of the labels prohibits their music appearing on streaming services.

3. sdh

sdh New Member Thread Starter

I was worried that would be the case. And MCA is now defunct, right? I know it's a massive long shot, but I'd be willing to contact the right companies just to at least let them know that the people (i.e. me) want this to happen. Now I don't know who I would reach out to. Thanks for your reply, though.

4. Rudy

Rudy Administrator Staff Member

MCA, GRP, etc. are all part of Universal Music, aka UMe these days. The only thing to do is complain to your streaming company, or find another streaming company that offers a better selection. Many of the streaming companies have a free trial. My preference is Qobuz (best sound quality by far), but there is also Tidal, Deezer and Spotify. Amazon even has streaming music--it's possible they might have the Jackets' albums available.