1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Purchase the latest Yellowjackets recording Raising Our Voice from our Buzz Store. Depending on availability, signed copies may be available.

A samba of my father arranged with a YJ's theme

Discussion in 'Jimmy's Room [Archived]' started by TerezaMiguel, Mar 19, 2012.

1. TerezaMiguel

TerezaMiguel Active Member Thread Starter

Mr. Jimmy,

When I was recording my CD at my home studio here in Brazil, a friend of mine (a bass player) introduced me to the music of yours. He brought it recorded in a MiniDisc. When I first listened to it, I felt very impressed. Your music is fantastic!
    Suddenly, I noticed that one of your songs had something very similar to a samba song written by my father many years ago. So, I decided to make a try with it and also, invited a percussion player to add some more instruments to the "new" arrangement to make it sound like a real arrangement for a brazilian jazzy samba.
    So, Mr. Russell, I ask you the kindness of listening to the result of it at my webpage (www.terezamiguel.com.br — click on "CD para download"). The song title of my father's song is "Eu também vou" , track number 3. The download of my CD is totally free.
    Also, I ask your permission to use your song in this way because it is really the best arrangement ever my father's song could have.
    Of course, I mention that the arrangement is based in your music. Unfortunately, I still don't know the title of your theme. My friend didn't know either. I tried to find it in YouTube, but I didn't find it yet.
    Anyway, I mention that it's a YJ's song.
    As you will notice, if you listen to this "new version", sometimes the rythm seems to be inverted. I call it "cruzado" or "crossing" — I like this result.
    Finally, I thank you very, very much for your attention.
    A fan of yours,

Tereza Miguel
    5511 2503-0724