1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Purchase the latest Yellowjackets recording Raising Our Voice from our Buzz Store. Depending on availability, signed copies may be available.

4000s Rig?

Discussion in 'Bob's Room' started by ISAX, May 3, 2009.

1. ISAX

ISAX New Member Thread Starter

Hey Bob,
    I am a recent convert to the 4000s, largely thanks to a gig I caught of the jackets in sydney last year...Smoking sound.. I went out and orderd one the next day..the Ewi has tickled my mid career crissis beautifully! thanks for the inspiration.....
    I also play the guitar and was wondering if you have ever used a guitar amp for the EWI? If so , which one do you prefer? A mate of mine caught you in NY and said you were using a fender twin???

Again, thanks for the inspiration, I love your approach on the tenor...

Cheers, Paul

2. Bob Mintzer

Bob Mintzer Moderator Yellowjacket

I dont usually us an amplifier, but rather, go through a direct box into the house system.

3. Kazuya07

Kazuya07 New Member

Mr.Bob Mintzer. my name is Hudson i am a bass player, have played with George duke,Norman brown,Kirk whalum and currently with Najee. i have this project with this guitar player in brazil, i am also from brazil leaving in Boston, and i'd like to know what can we do or what is the possibility for you to share your beautiful sound in this project(two songs).