1. To reduce spam, new member accounts are manually activated. It is also possible that some messages may end up in moderation--if so, staff will quickly get those approved. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Your Holiday Traditions?

Discussion in 'Out Of Town' started by Rudy, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Rudy

Rudy Administrator Staff Member Thread Starter

During the coming few weeks, many of us are taking time out to enjoy the holiday season with family and friends. With this spirit in mind, how do you enjoy the holidays? Do you have any traditions that have been around for generations? Starting new traditions? Is there any favorite holiday music you listen to? Feel free to share it with your fellow forum friends!

I'll post some of my own thoughts later today...alas, the last few days of shopping are upon us, and that's where I'm headed!

2. miK.

miK. Esteemed Member

Christmas Traditions

Neil, you'll appreciate this, as I know you're a fan...

For years, my Dad played the Herb Alpert Christmas album on Christmas morning as we opened our presents. Those opening "oohs" of "Winter Wonderland" always heralded the beginning of Christmas in the Milligan household. Even today, when I hear it (I had to pick it up on CD) I think it is a great "different" Christmas CD. "The Bell That Couldn't Jingle" is also a neat track. I even recommended it to some jazz fans this year. I recommend it to all of you too!

Happy Holidays!
    Mike Milligan

Rudy likes this.
  3. Derynicole

Derynicole New Member

We always go buy our tree the day after Thanksgiving and drag out all our decorations. We also decorate gingerbread houses the first Monday in December. And we also make sure to go for a nice drive to see the lights mid-December!

Nicole W. Woodard

Rudy likes this.
  4. yazzieabby

yazzieabby New Member

I am newbie here and happy to be the part of this forum, enjoying here. I can't see any new posts in this forum. This board is silent now.

Rudy likes this.