1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

XM Satellite Broadcasts

Discussion in 'Forum Archives' started by miK., Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miK.

miK. Esteemed Member Thread Starter

For those who haven't checked the homepage in a while (like m yself!)...

"XM Satellite Radio to Broadcast Two Live shows taped with Yellowjackets in NYC
    Live studio tapes will become a wonderful hour special that will air for the first time on Wednesday the 19th and many times afterwards on the "live" music channel, XM LIVE

On Saturday November 15 it's all-day "Words & Music" special on the"Time Squared" CD with interviews concerning the project. (ok, missed this) /common/emoticons/frown.gif

On Saturday December 20th, listen to all-day "Words & Music" special on the "Peace Round" CD with the interviews concerning that project."

Can anyone who has XM possibly record these shows to MP3 so the rest of us can hear 'em? This is a one-of-a-kind type of thing... don't make me go out and buy an XM receiver people (I just might) /common/emoticons/grin.gif

Thanks to anyone who can possibly hook this up!

Mike.

2. Matt Strand

Matt Strand Guest

I don't know why anyone wouldn't get XM. The jazz stations rock in both clarity and quality of programming. The rest of the stations are great, too, even for just a change of scenery. Its nice to have the title and the artist displayed, too. I've gone and bought many a CD because of someone I've seen there. I heard "Les is Mo" the other day, and Samurai Samba is on quite a bit. Trust me, all $mooth Jazz conversations go out the window with XM, they play everything from the deep cuts to the popluar stuff. Get it.

3. Rudy

Rudy Administrator Staff Member

> I don't know why anyone wouldn't get XM.

http://xmradio.com/xmpcr/

XM radio for the PC--$50.

Given copyright concerns, I don't know if anyone COULD post MP3 files of the broadcast.

4. Paul Gaudion

Paul Gaudion Guest

Re: XM Satellite Broadcasts - WHAT ABOUT non-US fans?

> http://xmradio.com/xmpcr/ XM radio for the PC--$50.

> Given copyright concerns, I don't know if anyone COULD post MP3
    > files of the broadcast.

What about other countries? I live in DownUnder Australia, and alas, I am therefore destined to miss out on this too!! Please, please, please, anyone taped this? I'd love to hear about it!!!

Regards
    Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.