1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Will, Young Bass Player

Discussion in 'Will's Room' started by ryoung, Mar 25, 2015.

1. ryoung

ryoung New Member Thread Starter

Dear Will Kennedy,

My name is Randy Young. I'm writing to you on behalf of my nephew Brandon Rose. My brother John Rose (Brandon's father) informed me about Marcus Miller coming to Detroit, but at that time, he never mentioned the "Yellow Jackets" would be there also. I myself am a drummer, so I know the great legend of Will Kennedy. My nephew Brandon is an outstanding bass player. He is kinda quiet about his talent, very humble. He started playing at 5 yrs old. He's is now 17 yrs old.

Last yr, when Marcus Miller came to the same venue, he called Brandon up on stage to play his song "Detroit" with the band, and Brandon tore it up and the people went crazy. Brandon and Marcus are real close. Since Brandon was 10 yrs old, at the NAAM events & Bass Player Live events, they have spent alot of time together, the passing of the torch type time. So my brother was telling me that Kern (Lady Gaga bass player) was speaking to you and you were talking about looking for a bass player, and Kern told you, "Here is your bass player right here that you need." But my brother said you guys really didn't talk or exchange contact information, because the show was about to start. So I'm e-mailing you to see if your interested in hearing Brandon play. The boy is awesome & up coming.

Brandon signed with Sadowsky. He leaves for N.Y. 4/11-12 to get his custom made. He is also on DR strings roster. Marcus Miller pushes him to practice his theory. Brandon has what it takes, and he's still a teenager. He spends time with Natt Watts, Raphle Armstrong, James Jamerson Jr., Lynn Davis (Skpe). You can go to youtube/Brandon Rose and see alot of his footage, since he was about 9yrs old.

Take a look. I want to give you my brothers phone #586-790-4412 (John Rose). The best time to catch him is around 8-9:00 p.m. Thank you for your time. Brandon will be a name talked about in the music industry, be one of the first to have him play for you & hopefully record something.

God Bless!

Randy Young