1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

What a Gig !

Discussion in 'Russ's Room' started by Simmo, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Simmo

Simmo Esteemed Member Thread Starter

Russ,
    It was a sensational gig at Scotts tonight, only to be expected I guess but with several of the old faces in the audience, including Frank and his wife the atmosphere was great. I truly hope you get to read this Russ and the band, do you know I almost ran onto the stage to tell the audience just how privileged they were to see and hear you guys performing but my inner self took over and I held back !
    That Dane is a real find for the band he fits in perfectly and has added a new dimension to your music and his grasp of unity with Will is quite remarkable, it was a wonderful night, not even the omission of "Tortoise & Hare" took away any of the gloss of a super night. Have a great tour and look forward to the next time. If you speak to Jimmy please send him my best wishes too.

very best wishes to you all
    Simmo & son Russell.

Rudy likes this.
  2. Simmo

...I must also add a few things Russ, firstly I was quite amazed that you made the effort to check on the seating situation at Scotts on Thursday night after my little grumble about not being able to buy a priority seat when there were several priority seats clearly free even way into the second set, but for you to check that out with the management and then come round into the club to tell us was quite humbling ! I managed to grab a couple of quickfire words with Bob but neglected to tell him that my wife Sue ( she is not a huge jazz fan ) thinks his playing and arrangement on Shenandoah is exquisite she always wants to hear that when I am playing Cohearance in the car !!!
    Yours as always Simmo

Rudy likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank Esteemed Member

Hey Simmo, sorry its taken so long to add my tuppence to this! Indeed a memorable night, and great seeing you and your son Russell again. You‘ve said it all already. I have nothing but admiration for the music the band continue to produce. And to top it all off they‘re really exceptional caring guys. I hope they find the inspriation and drive to keep going. They‘ve never sounded better!

Rudy likes this.
  4. Simmo

Let's hope that we can see them again later this year Frank, so looking forward to it if they get here! All the best to you and your wife.