1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

The Journey Continues

Discussion in 'Will's Room' started by willkrew, Apr 27, 2010.

1. willkrew

willkrew Moderator Yellowjacket Thread Starter

Hey Folks,

Hope you are enjoying your spring month's - Summer around the corner - All Good!!

Well, I am heading into month 5 of my return to the band and it continues to be great fun.

We had a chance to talk with Marcus on the phone while we were in Mt Holly and I was commenting on how Capetown may have gave him a challenge but now it's my turn for trouble with Sea Folk. It's the one song we have yet to play on the gig cause... well, it's just kicking me in the butt!!

So far, we have been able to get away with doing these gigs without a lot of rehearsal; perhaps some run through at sound check and that's cool as long as I do my homework, we can make it. But Sea Folk - really is causing me some trouble - I'm just gonna have to spend more time - I'll get it!

In a few days from now we will do our first gigs with Mike Stern in New York. There are a few songs there we will play for the first time - Oh Boy! Well, I've sketched out some cheat sheets so I'll put my helmet on and dive.

Well, there you go - Behind the scenes with Yellowjackets - No Rehearsal!!

Will

2. Jazzguy72

Jazzguy72 Popular Member

Yeah...Sea Folk is tough...especially the beginning. Well hopefully you'll have it together for tomorrow's gig here in Columbus, Ohio.

Peace

3. Jazzguy72

Jazzguy72 Popular Member

Yeah...Sea Folk is tough...especially the beginning. Well hopefully you'll have it together for tomorrow's gig here in Columbus, Ohio.

Peace

4. willkrew

willkrew Moderator Yellowjacket Thread Starter

Not Yet!!

I afraid not!!

maybe you can hear us play Sea Folk in Ohio 2011!!

LOL

5. angel10

angel10 New Member

I'm excited to hear the stuff coming to the website.