1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Sax Setup for Holland

Discussion in 'Bob's Room' started by peterbouter, Mar 8, 2004.

1. peterbouter

peterbouter New Member Thread Starter

Hello Mr. Mintzer,

I am a saxophone player from the Netherlands. I play a King Super 20 silversonic. I am using a carbonite Link mouthpiece right know. Although I know you play a different saxophone I still would like to kow your sax setup (mouthpiece, reeds etc.). Thanking you in advance,

Peter Bouter
    Gouda
    The Netherlands

2. Bob Mintzer

Bob Mintzer Moderator Yellowjacket

saxophone setup

I'm playing on an old Selmer Mark 6 (56,000) that was gold plated around 7 years ago.
    The mouthpiece was made by Freddie Gregory in London.It is an ebonite piece with a tip opening of 7*. I use Vandoren V16 reeds, strength 3 1/2. It is a comfortable setup that I dont have to think much about. Hope this helps! Bob

3. peterbouter

peterbouter New Member Thread Starter

Thanks Mr.Mintzer,

I am still in that phase called: search for the setup. Damn that Coltrane.
    Dank u wel voor de informatie en groeten uit Holland.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Peter Bouter

4. Sonnet

Sonnet New Member

Thanks for your mail. I dont have music for that piece. You might try Russ. He was the arranger on that one. Good luck with your studies and recital. Bob