1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

OC Pavilion - Santa Ana, CA - 6/15/2008

Discussion in 'Set Lists' started by wplittle, Jun 16, 2008.

1. wplittle

wplittle Popular Member Thread Starter

The OC Pavilion Performing Arts Theater
    801 N. Main St.
    Santa Ana, CA 92701
    6/15/2008, 8:00 PM, 1 set

Spirit of the West
    Dewey (for Miles)
    Falken's Maze
    Claire's Closet
    Runferyerlife
    Sea Folk
    Yahoo
    JacketTown

Great show, I never tire of seeing these guys live! No Mike Stern this time, but looking forward to seeing him play with the Jackets in August at Catalina's. Interesting to hear the new tunes without the guitar - they hold up pretty well.

Lots of bass solos from our friend Mr. Haslip. Not as much soloing as I'm used to from Russ, but he got a few in there. He did an interesting twist to the intro for Sea Folk that was musically fascinating, would love to hear that on a future live record. Bob's playing was strong, as always. Marcus did a solo at the end of Runferyerlife using only brushes, and it was nothing short of incredible. I shared a table right up front with two really cool cats who had never seen the Jackets live before. Needless to say they were quite impressed (says one: "I think I have a new favorite drummer!")