1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Les is mo - Concert in South Africa

Discussion in 'Bob's Room' started by Tim Blanchard, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Tim Blanchard

Tim Blanchard New Member Thread Starter

Hi - just picked up a cd of a festival in South Africa, the 1st track of which is one of your tracks called les is mo (I think I have spelt that correctly). Loved it. Wondered if there was sheet music or anything of it around - our piano player is finding the intro devilishly hard. Can I confirm 2 things - the solos modulate up a tone and is it a straight forward (!) 12 bar.

Thanks

Tim

2. Bob Mintzer

Bob Mintzer Moderator Yellowjacket

The song Less is Mo is from the Mint Jam cd. There is a songbook of all the music on that collection available at the Yellowjackets site Buzz catalogue. The form is a 12 bar form similar to blues, but there is an unusual turnaround in the last four bars. I dont believe the tune modulates for solos or otherwise. Perhaps the turnaround makes it seem like it. Bob

3. ian

ian Popular Member

festival in south africa

Hi Tim
    Please let us know which festival cd this is.... we are alway s looking down here in Cape Town!
    Cheers
    Ian
    South Africa

4. bernie12345

bernie12345 Esteemed Member

Well, the main melody is in G and the solos are in Bb. There is no modulation during the solos, however. The melody is at letter A, and after the melody is repeated, there is a cadence at the second ending that modulates to Bb, then Russ plays the intro figure in the new key to set up the solos. After the last solo, a section labeled "On Cue" sets up the return to G for the last melody.

Barnaby Finch

5. Mishima01

Mishima01 New Member