1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Kudos to you and maybe a couple of requests

Discussion in 'Bob's Room' started by Chris Lewis, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Chris Lewis

Chris Lewis Active Member Thread Starter

Heh Bob just a quick note and thank you for taking time to interact. been revisiting Blue Hats and have just been astounded. As I posted many years ago (get ready) your improvisation on Prayer for Peace may be one of the greatest sax solos I have ever heard.How do you get rid of studio nerves and play an almost composed masterpiece in the studio?
    Also has Coquimbo ever been revisited since the record date. I think its is in my top five Jacket tunes of all time.
    Requests for Folly theatre in KC MO in April:

Coquimbo
    Dreamland
    Ancestors

Thanks for considering
    Chris Lewis in Kansas City

2. Bob Mintzer

Bob Mintzer Moderator Yellowjacket

jackets music

Thanks for the kind words. I've been doing this for a while, so the nerves thing isn't much of an issue. It is always a great treat to play with the Yellowjackets, so I savor these experiences and feel inspired to play my best. I feel very grateful to have the opportunity to work with these fellows. See you in KC

3. Chris Lewis

Chris Lewis Active Member Thread Starter

Bob incredible show at the Folly in KC. So great to hear Dreamland. What a beautiful melody. Also you guys inspired me to revisit Mint Jam. Wow ,full of great tunes. Mosaic was a great opener.Great to meet all of you afterwards. I always say... the best thing about the Yellowjackets , besides those outro/codas is the way they interact with their fans. Its amazing in this day and age. Safe travels and thanks for your commitment to Yellowjackets. you guys are tight man. Marcus has really found it.
    Chris Lewis

4. Cagatey01

Cagatey01 New Member

sultan

I generally practice things that I have to play with various bands. I try to find new pathways through the changes. I sometimes improvise something then work on some part of it by playing the phrase in differend keys and in different ways.
    Our excellent online spanishprograms.com - spanish will lead you to success cca.edu testking exam. We also offer latest hsbc with 100% success guarantee. Our University of New Haven is rare in IT world.