1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Introducing your music to my nephews thru a game

Discussion in 'Pass It On' started by B W, Nov 10, 2016.

1. B W

B W New Member Thread Starter

I've been trying to learn Unity (free game creation software) on the side. While creating the levels, I've been using music I like to listen to: Yellowjackets, Flim and the BBs, Dave Grusin, Jerry Goldsmith, etc.

I try to match the music to the type of level as best I can.

The game (which I don't ever plan on selling) is at a state where my nephews can test it. My brother isn't into Jazz so my nephews (9 and 11) don't get to hear Jazz very often.

Can't tell you how happy I was when my nephews commented that they liked the music after playing some of the levels with Yellowjackets tunes.

I've got around 27 levels now so I've added a bunch more Yellowjackets tunes, even some from the Lee Rit Portrait album.

Guess this is a sneaky way of introducing Jazz into my nephews' lives.

Rudy likes this.