1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

I have the SONOR DESIGNER KIT YOU PLAYED ON IN 1995

Discussion in 'Will's Room' started by jmlewis, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jmlewis

jmlewis New Member Thread Starter

Hello Will,God bless.I just wanted to say hello and that I bought the same kit you did a seminar on i think in 1995 at Richmond music. After you did the show i bought the kit and keep it in my drum room.Its a Designer series kit .They had a picture of you playing the kit on display but They moved and merged with another store and I could not get my hands on it.I dont take it out the house because im scared ill mess it up. The picture of it is my Avatar.Love you and God Bless.

2. Terence

Terence Popular Member

Hey there,

I've been pestering Will to comment about this set up from the 90's. Really beautiful sounding drums man. Lucky you! Would you happen to know if Will used the Pro mark 5AS stick at that seminar , cause it sounds from the recordings that he's using a lighter stick ( i.e....a 5A , or 7A).

Everything sounds so light and airy that just compliments the music. Nice post.

br,Terence

3. jmlewis

jmlewis New Member Thread Starter

Not sure what stick he was using. Thanks for the reply and God Bless.

4. willkrew

willkrew Moderator Yellowjacket

ok - sorry for the delay!!!

Well - look at those pretty drums!!

All Good - really sorry to have taken this long to respond. I get busy and forget to check for post on the website - I really need to get better at checking in.

God Bless You as well and thank you for your support of Yellowjackets music and how cool is it for you to have that kit. Sonor was a great help to me thru the years but now I play Pearl Drums and they are the greatest drums I've ever played.
    Anyway, I hope you continue to have a Blessed time every time you set behind your kit and if there is anything I do to inspire idea's in your drumming, I am honored and humbled by that.

All Good, Best to you

Will

5. willkrew

willkrew Moderator Yellowjacket

Sticks??

Back then I was most likely playing my ProMark Sig Stick which is a lite 5A size.

Lately, I have been playing a heavier and longer stick - ProMark, Steve Ferrone Sig Stick. it is Fabulous!!

Best,

Will

6. syed20

syed20 New Member

sultan

God Bless You as well and thank you for your support of Yellowjackets music and how cool is it for you to have that kit. Sonor was a great help to me thru the years but now I play Pearl Drums and they are the greatest drums I've ever played.