1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

hey there!

Discussion in 'Bob's Room' started by Danv, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Danv

Danv New Member Thread Starter

Hey there, Im a student at Bramalea Seconday school, and I play the tenor sax in the Senior band. This is my last year at high school and I plan on going to university for music, with the Tenor Saxophone as my lead instrumnt. I was hoping you could give some affordable suggestions to a good saxophone for me to use. Unfortanely, I don't make very much and everyone in my family contributes to our rent. Im hoping I can start saving what I can over the next year to be able to buy a decent Sax to use, so any good afforable recommendation would be great, Thanks!
    Daniel

2. Bob Mintzer

Bob Mintzer Moderator Yellowjacket

Tenor Saxophone

Daniel, There are a number of good horns out there. If you can find a used Yamaha, Keilworth, or Yanagasawa horn you would have a good instrument.
    Other good brands are:King, Conn. Have a teacher try some instruments with you. Check the local newspaper, ebay, and any musicpaper where instruments for sale are listed. Good luck! Bob

3. Lala22

Lala22 New Member