1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Bunch of transcriptions

Discussion in 'Forum Archives' started by Carl Corcoran, Nov 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Corcoran

Carl Corcoran Guest Thread Starter

Not sure how appropriate this might be, but I've recently become a Yellowjackets fanatic. I am absolutely thrown back by the sophisticated rhythms, melodies and harmonies. I just had to transcribe some of their stuff. I wasn't sure if this was already available in a song book or whatever (now I find that some of this indeed WAS), but it sure was fun.

I will be putting "tortoise and the hare" up in a few days.

Let me know what you guys think; the transcriptions are available at:

http://0x68.com/jazz/leadsheets.asp

let me know if there are any problems too; I've had problems in the past of people not being able to view the pdfs.

Here's a list of the yellowjackets transcriptions:

Invisible People
    Motet
    Evening News
    Seven Stars Piano Intro - with voicings
    Seven Stars Lead Sheet
    Seven Stars (Russel Ferrante's Piano Solo)
    Love and Paris Rain
    Ancestors
    Song for Carla
    Even Song

And Russell F. - if you're reading this, congratulations on writing some absolutely amazing music and challenging my ear to the very maximum. I am still not grasping fusion harmony very well, so if I screwed up sorry!

Thank you all!
    Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.