1. To eliminate spam on our forum, we have enabled filtering. Pleaes note: 1) Some new member accounts may need to be manually activated. 2) Some new messages might require staff approval before appearing. 3) New members are not able to post links in messages; this feature is unlocked after a certain number of posts. Please contact us via the link at the bottom of the forum if you have any issues with your new membership. Thank you for understanding!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Signed copies of Cohearance are now available through our Buzz Promotions Store on Amazon. Click here to order!

Bass Sheet Music

Discussion in 'Pass It On' started by ryan, Aug 12, 2016.

1. ryan

ryan New Member Thread Starter

Hey there,

I'm just getting back in to playing the bass and love the Yellowjackets. I'm wondering if there are any pieces of bass sheet music around that I can learn from. I found a songbook, but it looks like a score for every instrument and it's $80.

I'm particularly trying to learn Stick-to-it-ive-ness, but anything from Yellowjackets would be great for me to learn!

2. Anne Alderson

Anne Alderson New Member

Hi,
    I met Dane Alderson at CPH with my weimerainar, Blue, in the summer of 2015. He was waiting for the rest of the Yellow Jackets arriving from Paris.
    Too funny...."Hi, my name is Dane."...being in Denmark talking to a Dane.....too weird maybe...
    " My name is Anne"
    "What is your last name?
    Both: "Alderson"
    Trying to find out if we were related.......not so.......My last name Alderson was the name my husband's grandparents, both Cherokee, chose (they only had first names) when they left their Native American Reservation and moved to Alderson, West Virginia.
    Sorry Dane......however I just bought you new CD and am waiting for it's arrival.
    Great talking to you and hope I can catch up with the Yellow Jackets and your great bass solos on my next trip home to Denmark. As you probably know Denmark has always been jazz enthusiasts.
    Anne Alderson
    Pasadena, CA